As a newbie author I’ve spent a great deal of time trying to figure out how to promote by book. I’ve participated in a couple of blog hops, did some book signings, and used some social media avenues such as Facebook and Twitter. In fact, I’ve tweeted until I was blue in the face. What more can one do? Please feel free to offer any ideas in the comment section below.
Now, the one thing I haven’t done is ask my family, friends, followers, and three fans to post reviews on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or wherever they purchased the book. However, due to the importance of reviews, I’m on the verge of asking them for this favor though I feel a bit guilty about it. After all, they’ve already purchased the book from an unknown author, actually read it (I hope), and now I want them to give me more of their valuable time by posting a review.
Why do I feel reviews are important, you ask…
- Reviews get your book noticed by people who may not otherwise have seen it because each review magnifies your exposure. Once you get reviews, you can broadcast them to the world.
- Reviews offer proof that your book is a worthwhile purchase monetarily, and a good investment of one’s time.
Other than reviews on Amazon or Barnes & Noble where can an author turn to get reviews, you ask…
- Check with your publisher, they may have a reviewing service they like their authors to work with.
- Google…look for reviewers/bloggers that review books in your genre. Many reviewers not only post their reviews to their websites or blogs but they also post to Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc. Exposure…exposure…exposure.
- Ask other authors in you writers’ organizations where they distribute their books for reviews.
Feel free to suggest any romance reviewers you use in the comment section below.
So, this is it, this is my call to all family, friends, followers and fans, if you can spare a few minutes please feel free to post your thoughts about Cookies for Santa on your blogs, websites, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.
Below are quick links to sellers of Cookies for Santa: